Terence W. Camp
Terence Camp is a Shareholder in the Firm. He is a Trial Attorney with broad experience in litigating matters in a variety of fields and an Entertainment Attorney. His primary areas of practice include litigation, dispute resolution (mediation/arbitration), counseling and negotiation involving:
Toxic Tort - Has defended a variety of clients in asbestos health and property litigation and other toxic tort litigation. Representative clients have included wire manufacturers; gasket manufacturers; a manufacturer of dryer felts; a premises owner/manager; a boiler manufacturer; an automotive parts remanufacturer; plumbing, automotive, roofing, building and electrical suppliers; an industrial engineering firm; a starter fluid and coolant manufacturer; and a manufacturer of dental casting products.
Consumer Fraud - Has represented plaintiffs and defendants in a wide range of Consumer Fraud Act disputes and has also appeared before the New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs in defense of alleged client regulatory violations.
Entertainment - Has represented artists, public figures, reality television performers, models, booking agencies, managers, promoters, producers, event planners and venues in litigation, regulatory matters, negotiation, general law involving music, television, film and literary matters.
Construction Litigation - Has representated plaintiff and defendant contractors and individuals in all aspects of construction disputes.
Contractor Liability - Has defended contractors in worksite accident matters involving issues of personal injury, property damage, indemnification and insurance coverage.
Estates - Has represented estates, executors/executrixes and beneficiaries in estate litigation and disputes.
Alarm Services - Has defended against a broad variety of alarm and security services claims involving issues that included contractual limitation of liability, indemnification, personal injury and property damage. Successfully defended $1.3 million Consumer Fraud Act claim seeking treble damages in both the trial and appellate courts.
Commercial; Land Use; Residential/Commercial Construction; Home Improvement; Home Inspection; Guard Services; Medicare Secondary Payer Act; Products Liability; Accounting Malpractice; Legal Malpractice; Employment Agency; Environmental; Trucking/Shipping; and Automobile Dealership.
Terence W. Camp
- Drew University (B.A., 1985)
- The Dickinson School of Law of the Pennsylvania State University (J.D., 1988)
- New Jersey, 1988
- Pennsylvania, 1988
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey, 1988
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 1988
- United States Court of Appeals, Third Circuit, 1988
- Clerk: Hon. Thomas B. Mannion, Presiding Asbestos Judge - Superior Court of New Jersey (Middlesex County), 1988-89
- Member: Middlesex County Asbestos Advisory Council
- Member and Past Vice Chair: Entertainment, Arts & Sports Law Section of the New Jersey State Bar Association
- Member: American, New Jersey and Pennsylvania State and Essex County Bar Associations
- The Best Lawyers in America in the speciality of Mass Tort Litigation
- Member: The Recording Academy (National Academy of Recording Arts & Sciences/The Grammy's)
- Past President/Vice President: Business Network International (BNI)'s Networker's Choice Chapter, 2001-present/Award: Blue Ribbon Notable Networker
- "Best Practices for Defendants," HB Litigation Services seminar, "Medicare Secondary Payer Mandatory Reporting Requirements Update"
- "Liability Insurer and Self-Insured Reporting Under Section 111 of the Medicare Secondary Payer Act," HarrisMartin seminar, "Asbestos Litigation"
- "State of the Music Business," NJ ICLE seminar, "The Business of Music 2013"
- "Agents & Managers: Law, Litigation, Regulation and Negotiation," New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education seminar, "The Business of Music"
- "Copyright Law and Digital Ringtones," Widener University School of Law Symposium on Entertainment Law
- "Music Festivals: From Inception to Encore," New Jersey Bar Association, Entertainment, Arts & Sports Law Section seminar
- Selected for inclusion in the 2008-14 editions of The Best Lawyers in America, Mass Tort Litigation
- Selected for inclusion in the 2009-14 editions of New Jersey Super Lawyers, General Litigation