Terence W. Camp
Terence Camp is a shareholder in the Firm. He is a trial attorney with broad experience in litigating matters in a variety of fields. His primary areas of practice include litigation, dispute resolution (mediation/arbitration), counseling and negotiation involving:
Toxic Tort - Has defended a variety of clients in asbestos health and property litigation and other toxic tort litigation. Representative clients have included wire manufacturers; gasket manufacturers; a manufacturer of dryer felts; a premises owner/manager; a boiler manufacturer; an automotive parts remanufacturer; plumbing, automotive, roofing, building and electrical suppliers; an engineering firm; a starter fluid and coolant manufacturer; and a manufacturer of dental casting products.
Consumer Fraud - Has represented plaintiffs and defendants in a wide range of Consumer Fraud Act disputes and has also appeared before the New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs in defense of alleged client regulatory violations.
Entertainment - Has represented artists, reality television performers, models, booking agencies, managers, promoters, producers, event planners and venues in litigation, regulatory matters, negotiation and general law.
Contractor Liability - Has defended contractors in worksite accident matters involving issues of personal injury, property damage, indemnification and insurance coverage.
Estates - Has represented estates, executors/executrixes and beneficiaries in estate litigation and disputes.
Alarm Services - Has defended against a broad variety of alarm and security services claims involving issues that included contractual limitation of liability, indemnification, personal injury and property damage. Successfully defended $1.3 million Consumer Fraud Act claim seeking treble damages in both the trial and appellate courts.
Commercial; Land Use; Residential/Commercial Construction; Home Improvement; Home Inspection; Guard Services; Medicare Secondary Payer Act; Products Liability; Accounting Malpractice; Legal Malpractice; Employment Agency; Environmental; Trucking/Shipping; and Automobile Dealership.
Terence W. Camp
- Drew University (B.A., 1985)
- The Dickinson School of Law of the Pennsylvania State University (J.D., 1988)
- New Jersey, 1988
- Pennsylvania, 1988
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey, 1988
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 1988
- United States Court of Appeals, Third Circuit, 1988
- Clerk: Hon. Thomas B. Mannion, Presiding Asbestos Judge - Superior Court of New Jersey (Middlesex County), 1988-89
- Member: Middlesex County Asbestos Advisory Council
- Member and Past Vice Chair: Entertainment, Arts & Sports Law Section of the New Jersey State Bar Association
- Member: American, New Jersey and Pennsylvania State and Essex County Bar Associations
- The Best Lawyers in America in the speciality of Mass Tort Litigation
- Member: The Recording Academy (National Academy of Recording Arts & Sciences/The Grammy's)
- Past President/Vice President: Business Network International (BNI)'s Networker's Choice Chapter, 2001-present/Award: Blue Ribbon Notable Networker
- "Best Practices for Defendants," HB Litigation Services seminar, "Medicare Secondary Payer Mandatory Reporting Requirements Update"
- "Liability Insurer and Self-Insured Reporting Under Section 111 of the Medicare Secondary Payer Act," HarrisMartin seminar, "Asbestos Litigation"
- "State of the Music Business," NJ ICLE seminar, "The Business of Music 2013"
- "Agents & Managers: Law, Litigation, Regulation and Negotiation," New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education seminar, "The Business of Music"
- "Copyright Law and Digital Ringtones," Widener University School of Law Symposium on Entertainment Law
- "Music Festivals: From Inception to Encore," New Jersey Bar Association, Entertainment, Arts & Sports Law Section seminar
- Selected for inclusion in the 2008-13 editions of The Best Lawyers in America, Mass Tort Litigation
- Selected for inclusion in the 2009-13 editions of New Jersey Super Lawyers, General Litigation